There was a time that I once thought living healthy was a scam, the whole eating vegetable, fruits and eating less, what could I gain from that I thought. Until all of a sudden, I found myself obese at the age of 18, even then I still didn’t care “bring on the food it can’t stop me from eating my pizza and ice cream everyday.”
My mum tried talking to me about it, but I always find a way, but then the day came I couldn’t breathe I couldn’t find my breathe I didn’t know was happening then I had to be rush to the hospital.
A few hours later, I was treated, but the doctor told me it could happen again if I don’t take care of my health. “I was annoyed, but at the same time I knew what I had to do.”
I finally agreed to my mum’s instruction and I started a healthy lifestyle, and guess what after a year I was no longer obese, I wanted to get back to my eating junks so bad, but I was warned to continue this lifestyle if I want to live long. I almost felt death, so I listened to the advice and had no issues until then.
We need to start living right, live a life we will be proud. Watch what you eat and take care of the body. Living a healthy life is an essential thing that needs to be said to everyone, it might be hard at first because we are used to ordering pizza always, having a plate heaped with food, sitting down all day, etc.
Have heard that phrase “I want to go on a diet”, yes, it is a good thing, but sometimes we forget that going on a diet should be normal. When we eat little, take fruit, work out, etc, that should be the life we should live.
Assumptions and truth about healthy living:
1. Once you start, you will get used to it. Yes, but not immediately. Know you are throwing away a lifestyle you once had for years, so there are times you want to sneak and eat or give up. Don’t! Train your body and mind then you will get used to it.,
2. Living healthy is not a punishment. I have heard some statement like “how can I eat grass like an animal”, firstly you wouldn’t be only eating vegetable there are different diet plans to stick to, and you are helping your body. You’re not suffering at all; you are living a longer and better life
3. Living healthy is not only for fat people. “I’m not fat; I am already slim you want to kill me, and so much more statement like this. You might not have the body that gets fat, but what you put inside your body matters, there is diabetes, high blood pressure, etc and it happens to both slim and fat, so start taking care of your body no matter the size
4. You don’t quit living healthy once you’ve gotten your goal. Imagine you were like 100kg and you started living healthy and dropped to your goal like 80kg. You don’t stop eating well or stop exercising because of it, continue that healthy habit.
5. You don’t stop taking snacks forever. This scare people, the fact they think their favourite snack is eradicated from their lives. It is not just taken everyday like you use to, it will be once in a blue moon maybe once a week or two weeks.
Tips to start a healthy lifestyle
1. Drink lots of water. 5 to 8 glasses a day will do
2. Reduce the quantity of food you take, that means no more heaping of your plates
3. Avoid junks such as pizza, hamburgers, etc
4. Don’t take carbonated drinks and sugar
5. Take fruits and detox water helps the system.
6. Exercise at least 3-5 times a week
7. Don’t eat late and avoid snacks at night
Exercises you can do: